Non-violent protest offers little hope for Palestinians
International Herald Tribune, 31 August 2004
Few Palestinians are likely to embrace peaceful protest as a way of attaining statehood - not because Palestinians are hellbent on mindless retribution against Israelis, but because nonviolence is unlikely to be effective as a strategy. ... continued »
- RECENT ARTICLES:
- »Beginning of the end of the occupation?
- »Prisoners' hunger strike a call for international solidarity
- »The Army, the Court and the path of the Wall
- »Al Aqsa Brigades leader hunted by Israelis
- »Uri Avnery: The Progressive interview
- »Cost of Zionism: Uri Avnery interview
- »Hurtling toward the abyss: Hanan Ashrawi interview
- »Testimony: "You tell me why I am face-down on the ground"
- »The two intifadas: PLO activist interview
- »al-Aqsa Intifada
- »Separation Wall
- »Closures, Checkpoints and Curfews